Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Holiday Banners

I made two banners this year; one with my students and one for my crafty friend. Both banners say "Happy Holidays" to steer away from the Christmas religion since not all celebrate Christmas. Also, the "Happy Holidays" banner can be hung for a longer time frame since its not only for Christmas. 

For this banner, I cut the circles and scallop circles using the Spellbinders dies. Then I instructed the students to write out the letters using a sharpie. The students decorated the individual letters with glitter glue, and I tied  all the letters together with white ribbon. Doesn't it look kid - friendly? Students from grades K - 5 helped me with this banner, and they all did a fantastic job! 

For this next banner, I die cut 28 Spellbinder's Scallop triangles.Then I embossed every other triangle using silver embossing powder. I used the Cricut to cut out the letters and added a few embellishments. I didn't get to take good quality pictures of the banner, so I hope you can see all the details.




My banner hanging nicely under a fireplace. :)

1 comment:

  1. lol...love that fireplace picture, just looks so cozy...It was so sweet of you to make a banner with the kids, I am sure they enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...